Two weeks ago I was traveling from Mazury to south Poland. To Malbork then Mikolajki. In train I sat vis a vi one men. Some 47-57 years old. Tired face, bold, slightly chubby. Typical father of two or three. He tned his face to me and ask
– do you also have seat in here?
– Yes. It seems like we’ll travel together.
– Where to?
– Malbork then Mikolajki and you?
– Szczecin. From Kiev. It’s gonna be over
twenty hours soon.
– Wow. Therje’s a travel. Twenty hours!
– Usually I drive but this time the better option is train.
– What takes you so far from Ukraine. From Kiev to Szczecin?
– I go to work. I’m selfemloyeed specializing in roof tops and chimney building.
– Okay, I got it.
– Good work. I like it. And good money. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to provide decent life to my family. It’s not easy but what can I d
– I know I know. Don’t worry. You can’t help it anyway. It’s too late so just live your life the best you can and ignore them.
– Right, probably this is the best option.
I put oranges on table, shuted up and shared with him in silence.